Wayne Edwards' A R T S T U D I O
WEEKEND WORKSHOPS Coming Soon
In the coming months the following portraiture workshops will be operating. If you are interested in attending any of the one day workshops please send an email and detailed information will be sent to you.
1) FACE ANATOMY BASICS & SELF PORTRAIT USING A MIRROR:
Anatomy of the face,- tips to getting it right.
Setting up to work from a mirror.
Tips to a successful self portrait
How to photograph your subject for the PORTRAITURE WORKSHOP in the following weekend
If time permits a look at famous self-portraits and analysis.
2) PORTRAITURE USING A PHOTO:
Analysing the photo and working out what to add and what to remove
Emphasis- what techniques can be used to increase drama/ highlight personality.
Scale and the ramifications of going too small or too large.
Technique and view’s response to different styles
* It is highly unlikely the painting will be finished in this session- so we will discuss meeting at a future date to discuss the completed works- or if this can be done as a group email. A future meeting will be a free and last 30-45 minutes.
3) THE FULL BODY PORTRAIT: Developing a narrative.
This will be a lecture and discussion session mainly to talk about how to create ‘bust’ or full length and or/life size portraits. The focus will be on developing a narrative. Participants are asked to bring in one or more photos of an intended subject- and as a group we discuss what imagery and settings would be appropriate to develop the narrative. Rough pencil compositions will be developed.
4) SPEED PAINTING PORTRAITS: Self-portrait or with your own model.
The fast portrait while not always totally accurate often captures the ‘spirit and character of the model’ better than paintings which are laboured and or highly detailed. The speed painting could be a self-portrait or working from your own live model. Max time two hours. Individual instruction and group critique
Other possible discussions to be had if interested such as: A) The process of entering the major portraiture awards/ competitions. B) cost and methods of sending painted portraits interstate and overseas. C) Copyright of painted portraits